Monday 2 July 2007

Raven


Hey people,

This is the sketch for my next painting. Pretty shocking photo, so ignore the background colour. And also a few details with the feathers that were too hard to sketch in (I couldn't be bothered, and I still managed to smudge lead all over the place). Anyway, I'm pretty happy with it and I reckon it'll be a pretty fun one to paint, theres a lot of colours hidden in among the feathers. My idea is to make the three loose feathers colourful, to add some more interest and contrast to the whole thing.

Questions, comment, advice, hate mail.

....Go

1 comment:

Stu said...

That sketch is wicked man, I love its intensity.. Were you intending to paint a background or leave it on a white background? I reckon one thing which might be good is to place the bird closer to the left hand side for more tension in the page, i guess it depends on how you approach the colours also.