Sunday 6 January 2008

Before the madness

Before the madness of my impending 21st really cranks into 4th gear, I drew this image today. First image that I have used ink for, that I can say that I'm happy with. I'm really getting into the comic genre and hope to peruse that as part of my work for third year. I have been looking at a lot of Tim Sale's work over the past few days and LOVE his originality. What do you guys think of the image?




With some help from some comic art freaks and Tyler, I have changed the face (nose and mouth were either the wrong perspective or too low on the face) and cleaned up the highlights. Look any better?


5 comments:

Michael Ziersch said...

hey man i like it!, i'm wondering though if the eyes arn't a little high or possibly a little large? I know its a pain in the arse but the white highlights that you have put back in (with acylic? i think?) would look extra cool if they were just left as blank paper to begin with. nice job though keep it up.

Renee said...

hi muncle! yeah. i'm so so sorry i won't be able to make it to your 21st. i'm glad that you've found some direction in which way you'd like to work during third year. keep up the good work!! It's looking really good, a little more detail around the face would be nice. Again, like Michael Z said, it's a pain in the arse but it makes all the difference. ;)

M Polli said...

Thanks guys.

The white acrylic was used mainly to cover up mistakes. I should have changed the the colour of it in Photoshop to the colour of the paper. Cheers guys.

Michael Ziersch said...

the new one does look better, nice work!

Renee said...

heyo munco, it's looking much better!the plain background helps heaps, as it brings out contrast between the background and the actual figure. Some subtle changes but, makes for big improvement. Glad you went back and pushed it further.