Wednesday 2 July 2008




Here's progress, its kinda finished, but not. Something still doesn't sit quite right with me, I think I need to pull the mountains together a bit more. It's also suffering from being done in two seperate pieces, so I don't think it's ever going to gel properly, oh well.

*edit*
Here's a revision. I'm pretty happy with the piece now, touched up the snow and made the lighting on the mountain more correct, cooled down all the background colours and added a sunrise to give at least some warmth. Squeezed the levels on the character and added more rim highlights in red. I think the image now pushes and pulls where it should.

1 comment:

M Polli said...

Ah see I like that they were two different pieces, put together. For me, it makes the movement of the snowboarder, jump out a lot more, and yet still seem like it is part of the same image.

The mountains may need some work. The snow is kind of distracting. Show some of the texture within the mountains but I would otherwise make them look more silhouette like.Bring in one of the colours from the snow boarder image, one of the browns maybe? To help unify the the two images together.

Fruit for thought mate, but the piece is coming a long really well. The image you did of that singer was great. Who is it by the way? I can see Mini Driver but last time I checked I didn't think she had short hair, nor do I recall you ever liking her.