Tuesday 19 June 2007

Hands!!

Hey people
Just thought I'd post this sketch of a quick study I'm doing. I suck at drawing hands so I figured I might as well use my time off to practice. I have absolutely no idea how well I will be able to paint hands however, so this is a shot in the dark. Feel free to tell me if you think there are any major gaffs in the sketch. I have weird lookin hands anyway, so it could just be me. Anyway, I'll post it when its done. I'm gonna work some sort of visual interest into it, but what that is i haven't decided yet.
Catch

4 comments:

Claire Wee said...

Can't wait to see it in paint..nah...you won't screw it up.

Tyler Bartley said...

yeah looks good man, something about that thumb is making me think maybe needs to be in more shadow or something i dunno, that thumb just makes me feel uneasy, looking forward to the finished result.

Anonymous said...

lookin pretty sweet... but do agree with that chump called tyler. there's something about the thumb... maybe it's too chunky or something... i can't quite put my thumb on it.... mwahaha!
yeh i know... hilarious
but in all seriousness, difficult angle and it's hard to make hands look like hands from those sort of perspectives but that's looking pretty spot on to me. good work. lookin forward to some paint.

Robin said...

Yep, fingers are great, the thumb needs a little more work, it's a little chunky. If you have reference, take another look at it, or just have a look in the mirror.