Wednesday 20 June 2007

Sketch




So... this is a super quick sketch I've put together (it's Julian from the Strokes). There's gonna be some crazy fluoros and things.. well that's the plan anyways, we'll see how it goes. I'm just not quite sure on the placement of the face in the background... should it be higher in the corner? Well, I didn't spend much time on the sketch as you can tell, so I would love any feedback. I just wanna start painting!


By the way... this blog is very motivating and there's some awesome stuff going up!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Hey G, don't rush yourself! Make sure you resolve your compositional issues before you paint. It won't take long, just a little focus. I don't think you ever want to have anything jammed into a corner, it'll draw way too much attention. You can solve this by changing the dimensions of the painting or just moving it over or down. Hope that helped. The face in the foreground looks great.