Sunday 3 February 2008

Life Drawing - Week 2

Hey guys how has everyone been? Well I hope. Well last week was my second and final week of Life Drawing. It was intense, fun, a learning curve, frustrating, and everything in between. There was a great sense of relief when it was complete though I'm putting that down to being relieved that I don't have to put up with Joanna's constant yapping anymore. She was however and excellent teacher and I've learnt so much.

This week we had longer poses where we had to focus on in parts and make them as detailed as possible. Apparently I was making my work far too clear last week so I tried to push myself. I got there and loosened up in the end. My favorite piece was produced on the final day. The thumb close up was something that I really enjoyed.

Here are some of the past week's
work.

This image was the first one in which I started to grasp the notion of making the body look as the body look as three dimensional as I possibly could.


This first piece was done using a huge paint brush and ink. I'm putting this in as it was the one that helped me to open up, stop drawing small and really grasped the tone and feel of the human body (that didn't mean to come out as perverted as what it did.)


For this image, the model wore stripped clothing. It was great as we had to capture the shape of the body just using line. And I love line.


This is my favorite image that I have done over the course of the two weeks. The real life one looks a lot better. But I enjoyed doing it. A thumbs up for myself (okay that sounded really stupid.)


This is the last image that I did on the Friday after noon. Was pretty happy with how it turned out. I liked that I had to do little preparation and I got most of the proportion right.


I've said it so many times but we should all do this subject at some point. I loved doing it over summer school as it was my only focus for two weeks and it radically changes your mind set.

Can't wait to see you all soon. I am wanting to organize a mini get together next week so anyone who is down for a lunch get together in the city, let me know.

6 comments:

Michael Ziersch said...

nice drawings man, i like alot.
yeah i'm up for lunch.

Ned Rogers said...

Yeh, I'd be up for that too. Detail me up.

M Polli said...

Some time later this week, most likely Wed-Fri. In the city around 1ish for lunch? How does that sound?

Michael Ziersch said...

wed sounds bad, working, rest is fine

Renee said...

cool stuff muncle! i'd love to go lunching with you guys but obviously i'm not in the land down under lol. (i'll be there in spirit?)
Did you guys get to work in colour at all during the 2 weeks, by the way?

M Polli said...

No we didn't. It was all charcoal, black and white conte or black in. We did get to use brown paper though and a dark brown conte in one other project but that was it really.