Saturday 22 September 2007

Editorial Sketches

Hey guys, how have we been? Good I hope!

A big koodos goes to Tyler for giving the Blog life again. There's been a heap of great work put on here guys!

But down to business...
I need your opinion on which image to use for the editorial spread. It will be out of the first two that I post up. Which do you guys prefer?
The third image will be used, but that will make up part of the second image. Oh and if you see anything wrong with the images or any way I could improve them, sing out and let me know. These are just the basic sketches. But I need to know what others think.



This was the hardest the draw. I know the guitar looks a bit off but that will all be in shadow so all you will see is the outer form of the guitar. It was placed in a weird position so it was difficult.


This was my first image. The most simple out of the three... the only reason it's contending with the first image is because I felt I did well with the emotion and expression upon the face of the singer.


This will be the image of the child downloading the song. I wanted to use a littler person, as it would be easier to empress the notion of them doing something wrong,being cheeky, by downloading the music.

4 comments:

Ned Rogers said...

I think I prefer the guitarist, his pose has much more life to it and works better with the static pose of the kid. You're right about the singers expression, but I think the guitarist helps convey the whole 'passion in music' thing a bit better.

Tyler Bartley said...

hey monkle nice pics dude, yeah i would agree with ned on this one the guitarist has so much more personality and its such a dynamic pose compared to the singer which has a more placid and static pose.

M Polli said...

Guitarist it is! Thanks guys. Everyone else has said him as well... gosh it's going to be a bitch doing all those bloody creases!

Andre Ann said...

heya munkle i like your drawings the kid is cute cant wait to see what media your will render them in!