Monday 3 December 2007

Bad Scanage!

Hey guys, how goes it? Good I hope! The past two days I've been working with pens and inks. The result is the two images you see below. The bottom one was finished yesterday with the top being completed tonight. I'm quite happy with how this one turned out. I've been looking at a few comic artists over the past few weeks and have gained a lot of inspiration from them (Jim Lee in particular.) The first image was the one where I had to bite the apple and tackle my fear of faces! It's not awesome by any means but the improvement from that to the new piece has really made me all the more enthusiastic.






Apologies for the bad scanner. Keep up the awesome work guys!

4 comments:

Renee said...

hey munc! doing insanely well! There's a muncleness about them but something's changed. It's a good variation from what you've been used to as well.

keep up the cool work!

Michael Ziersch said...

hey man, nice work. I like how in the bottom one you have more tonal stuff going on than i've seen in some of your other work. maybe try and experiment with composition as well?

Tyler Bartley said...

nice stuff man jim lee is definitely the king of linework and inking you should check out his video where he inks the covers for the heroes magazine thingys, woot!

M Polli said...

They on YouTube? Thanks for the heads up!